Thursday, January 23, 2014
When we first opened up our fortune cookies, I was really excited about this project. I was excited about combining all the different elements of each cookie to make one coherent project. Once I started however, I didn't really like it. I first wrote all the lucky numbers on the page and I kept adding layers of paint and tissue paper on top. Then I made a coffee mug and a tree because they were my learn Chinese words. I finished it off by adding some of the cookie wrappers to the empty space. I was really excited about how it would all fit together and look good at first but in the end I was most frustrated because nothing really worked together. I think if I took a different approach I would have liked this project better, but because I didn't I didn't really like what I ended with.
I really enjoyed this project. I thought it was difficult to start because I didn't really know what I wanted to do. Luckily I didn't have to keep that one. Passing the first one off was easy but passing the second off was a little more difficult. The second one I worked on could have been done before I did anything to it. It was difficult to add to but I really liked what it looked like. My final project I was happy with. I kept adding layers and peeling some away. In the end I really liked what I ended with. It was difficult getting a project and adding to it because in some ways it seemed like it didn't need anything.
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
My favorite part of the pop printing was carving out the stamp. I enjoyed shaving away the rubber part and ending up with the picture I originally drew. I chose to draw a spool of thread and button. At first I thought it would be fun to fill both in with different colors, but when I did it I didn't really like what I got.