Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Peddling into the Art of Graphite Drawings

Drawing this bike was a fun challenge for me. I really enjoyed drawing and shading with the graphite pencils. At first, I was really worried to start shading because I thought it would make the bike look furry, but once I started, it brought the whole bike to life. When we were first told to draw a little sketch I didn't know anything about composition. I tried drawing the whole bike with little details in a quarter of a piece of paper.
 The detail I thought I was doing was nothing compared to what I actually could do. Zooming in on one part of the whole bike I was able to do all the little details to make it look as real as I possibly could. The hardest part was shading the tire to make it look inflated and shading the fender to make it look like shiny metal.
Overall I really enjoyed this project. I was surprisingly pleased with my final result which is good because I'm very critical of myself. I just wish we could draw with graphite the rest of the year because it was challenging but enjoyable at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment